Saturday, October 16, 2010

Storey

I had an odd dream.

I dreamt that I was in some sort of TF2-like map, except it was like a normal - albeit deserted -building of some sort. We (I and a couple other people) were sniping each other. But like in real life, I suck at sniping, so in the end I lost. But it was a game, sort of, so we shook hands and laughed it off afterwards.

Following which, I decided to hop off the railing of one side of the building. Somehow, I knew it was the 11th floor. It was a fishing long drop but I wasn't really scared. I clung to a ledge on the 11th floor, followed the ledge around the building, and wound up at my destination: a toilet.

And it didn't seem out of place. Even though there was a normal path to the toilet in the building. The dream doesn't record how I got into the toilet from outside: I'd imagine there was a door set into the wall of the building. Your guess is probably as good as mine. I vaguely recall making a few trips along the edge of the building and back, but for what reason I have no idea.

But then one time I did that, I was seized with an uncontrollable fear. Fine time, too. For some reason I couldn't continue forward or backwards, so in the end I curled up on the sloping ledge. I managed to pop open a nearby window which sprung outwards, and its neighbour did too soon after. Then someone looked out, and for some reason I shrunk away, trying to hide myself. Because, you know, even in a weird dream like this, it would be unnerving to be seen on an 11th storey parapet.

But eventually they saw me anyway, and (it was schoolboys, for some reason) hauled me to safety. I went home, rested at my neighbour's for a while (who was an ex-schoolmate), and received bad news via SMS that my grades might be screwed over by Higher Ups because of this. The fear of the view from the 11th storey still shook me.

And then Alf called me, and I woke up.

So, the whole post was just a thankyou to Alf for saving me from the 11th floor and a crazily vivid dream.

Really, after we ended the call, I checked my phone for the SMS I received in my dream, and breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't there. Never been this freaked out by a seemingly innocuous dream.
Look, if you bothered to read this
But looking back, it's pretty amusing all the same. Quite a metaphor for the bizzareness of things.
I feel pressured to tell you banalities

And if you really really want to look at it that way, it's also a picture of being literally scared shitless.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.