Saturday, February 05, 2011

Airport

Trying to send someone off at the airport yesterday morning taught me two invaluable lessons.
The air-conditioning hums above you, a silent tune no one else appreciates
Lesson one is as follows: Walking around the airport in the morning gives you plenty of opportunities to reflect upon a lot of things.
Meanwhile the smell of hashbrowns get to me
But instead, I spent about two hours sitting on a too-high-chair sipping McDonald's coffee feeling slightly melancholic.
At least I got through two cups and a good deal of The Raw Shark Texts again.
so I get up and take a walk along the arrival rows, coffee in hand
Whenever I'm bored or am drinking coffee, I take a look around and try to guess where the people sitting around me come from. It's a slightly-boring kind of atmosphere: you know it's full of activity but you're very detached and nowhere near it. It's almost like you're a casual observer, and the world mumbles its daily talk, rotates, moves on all around you.
Lesson two: check whether "meet at 9" refers to "9am" or "9pm".
It's very serene, somehow.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.