Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Driving

The first time I was a public nuisance, I was freaking out.
But now it's kinda grown on me I suppose. How odd.

---

Dear Channel 8 dramas,

Why.
You know, I used to like you despite of your flaws; because of your flaws. Pointing them out and laughing at them was a family past time, a weekday 8pm tradition. There used to be good plots - at least, bearable plots.

But now why you do this.

The stock hatable-characters have no redeeming characteristic whatsoever. They're too successful - my hate for them is drawn out so well it spills over to the entire show (and the entire genre, if it can be called that). The plot twists are insane. Either go all the way and make it a supernatural drama, otherwise, keep it normal. Don't go half-half, it's annoying as anything.

---

Last time, in Council Retreats, we used to wake up in the chalet and sleepily spread Milo powder on bread. We declared it the best thing to go with bread, arguably so. I'd like to think the tradition has continued. (I'm not sure if we did it in debate - I think we might have.)

A couple of nights ago, I was hungry and decided to replicate the dish for old time's sake. But I was too lazy to use Milo powder, so I used a conveniently located packet of coffee powder and leftover CNY goodies.

...it wasn't that bad, honestly.
And it's a good way to get rid of your leftover cookies while kidding yourself that you're eating healthier!

---


I feel kind of infuriated that all these developments in the world are happening while I'm in NS, experiencing the slow deteoriation of my language skills, speaking ability and confidence. I want to see and argue in those debates that we would have had at SOPA's / Libya's height and whatnot, and to talk about the events from that piping fresh-hot perspective.

It's always good to bring them up as examples long after the things have passed, what with the benefit of hindsight and all. But now, when you can read immediately about what people are going through, what people are doing about it - the human struggle in all -

...I need to get us to an open.

...first a bakery. Then an open.

Yeahhh.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.