Excited for Hammers.
What will tomorrow bring?
---
Another MRT ride, another quiet fascination with life around me.
Picked up Wittgenstein's Poker from the library; seemed like an interesting read. Turned out a little dry, but the premise was interesting nonetheless: Wittgenstein threathening(?) Popper with a poker during a guest lecture with Russell trying to intervene.
Sounds like a piece of fanfiction with philosophers, but it's an interesting note that this (in some form) actually happened. Quite a jump, honestly, to realise - not to know, logically, academically, i- your-head somewhere - that the people we quote are more than just the soundbyte philosophical arguments we credit them for.
1. e4 c6
2. Nf3
Honest to goodness, there I was, minding my own business like a straight honourable gentleman when suddenly, this crazy idiot on horseback takes a mind to galloping straight past me as if I didn't exist. He just rushed out back from somewhere; I swear, it seems like he doesn't even look where he's going at times. Just a "whoops! Sorry!" and away he goes, lost somewhere in the mist ahead. I don't care if he looks absolutely dashing on a horse, he's going to get himself killed like that. But yeah, that's the truth and the whole truth of it, gov'nor, like it or not, and that's how your cat got run over by a horse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment