03 October 2013
I'm on the beach. There's supposed to be an event at 9am but I'm procrastinating. I'm supposed to wear white, so I make a note to change. I arrange to meet with Jo at 9. I am looking for someone, so I ask the three Chinese PRCs I know - they are polite but can't help me.
I walk down the beach and am assaulted by friends who splash water at me and blind me. I try to walk calmly over to one of them, and press where I think the nose would be. I hear a girl exclaim, the attak stops, and I walk on.
I will later receive an SMS from Will[ ] and Pay[ ]l. But when I walk back, I meet up with Mr D Tan, his wife and student-age son. We talk, I all him Mr D[ ] once but he doesn't notice or doesn't mind. I ask if anyone wants a drink. His son asks for a drink from the nearby canteen. Mr Tan asks for one from a faraway petrol kiosk. I'm explaining it can't be done on time, since I'm rushing to hit 9am.
I see the attackers, inviting me to come to their "station" at a stretch of beach I otherwise might not go to. I talk to Mr Tan's son and change, although by now it starts to rain and there's rumours flying around that the beach event is going to be cancelled.
A bus load of students alight at the shelter where we are discussing this. I need to run back to my room to get a white shirt; I am late. Everyone starts moving out from the shelter.
Jo arrives, and starts talking with this figure I can't see. As I leave, I hear part of her conversation, and somehow feel she is talking to Morgan Freeman in Now You See Me. The one-sided conversation from her sounds like: "why do you think I did it this way? It's to show that even those without a choice have a chance to rise up [in rebellion]..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment