or, Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
or, Blogpost about Rain Why Are You Reading This
Recently, due to different circumstances, I have found myself walking along foreign HDB estates for relatively long distances (roughly the distance between two MRT stations). I found this rather quaintly serene, especially when I wasn't rushing for time or anything.
Just a leisurely stroll, occasionally with a friend. Ambling along the lesser travelled parts of Yishun: sounds nice, no?
Anyway. Was ambling along a part of Singapore that shall not be named, when suddenly it started drizzling.
As I was on my way to the MRT already, and being the strong man that I was who would not condescend to use an umbrella, I decided to heck it and go ahead. I hadn't moved for more than a minute before the rain started to get uncomfortably heavier.
Maybe I should take shelter? I thought.
And then the sky fell down.
Yup, maybe.
In the end I broke into a sprint for the nearest HDB estate about 200m away, then scrambled around in my bag for an umbrella. Still had to keep walking, even though I had lost sight of the main road and was in an unfamiliar maze of HDB.
In the end, came to a T-junction where the MRT was either on the left or the right. Right then, I don't know why, I was feeling somehow downright miserable in the bloody rain and not knowing which way to turn and walk and everyone else having the sense to be indoors. Imagine being alone at the traffic light junction in the middle of a pouring (admittedly diminishing) rain; pretty much that.
I decided to go right, but I saw a bus pull up at the stop. I took it to the station (it turned left; thank goodness I was delayed) where I realised my shoes were completely soaked through.
Long story short, I stayed in my wet clothes, wet bag and shoes for another ten hours in air-con, then proceeded home to discover that my umbrella had leaked some water from its supposed waterproof bag. A pack of cards that happened to be next to it was affected; but the cardbox heroically absorbed most of the damage and crumbled, leaving the cards dry and intact. How touching.
---
Shall post up the chess moves some other time as I am tired and wondering why I spent all my time typing about ths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment