Friday, May 28, 2010

Equatorial

I suppose the only reason why I haven't posted in a long time is not because I don't have anything to talk about, it's just that I can't find out what to talk about and how to put it down in words.

Some things are simply better left unsaid.

---

I had one of those Facebook updates - you know, the ones that say "AAA HAS INVITED YOU TO FACEBOOK. ACCEPT / DECLINE?" and since I don't actually have a Facebook, they pester me to join.

And while randomly scrolling through the email, I caught sight of someone familiar under the "people you may know who are already using Facebook" section. That familiar smile, exactly how I remembered it, so much so that I could nearly hear his voice again.

...no I'm not gay.

Just that... he disappeared pretty quickly and suddenly, and it seemed like everyone simply forgot about him. The circumstances were slightly... dubious at best, and while I was naive then I realised there were places to not tread. I didn't know if that was one of those places.

So yeah. I knew his blog, I went there and read. And it was like meeting a long-lost friend across the Seine and realising that he suddenly learnt German and you no longer spoke his language.

I wanted to leave an anonymous comment, but I hesitated. Should I leave my name? Would it be rude to suddenly intrude? (hey that rhymes) The tab's still open, I'm still thinking, and I'm nowhere near the answer.

---

And that same thing happened with jack'al. He just messaged me to talk about life (which meant that he's REALLY bored). The conversation was awkward, lie he didn't really want to speak - but ah well. I really appreciate the gesture, just that it reminds me of a time seemingly so long past.

...I haven't seen their faces for months, the former - years - now.

---

Treasure ye rose-buds relationships while ye may
Old Time is still a-flying;
And that same rose that might smile today
Tomorrow may be dying.

And you'd wonder why you never watered it more when you could.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.