...dammit.
---
Anyway.
Last week I got to listen to a Chinese singing powerhouse - it was apparently like opera, with a lot of "yah whooooooo" and high sustained notes (that took skill.).
Apparently C didn't like the sound of it =3
On that note it was an honour to work with him - he seemed much - different? - than the last time.
...and I have this serious fear for my ears now. At one point in time I thought they were starting to bleed.
... it's a scary thought that.
Being deaf isn't all cracked up as it sounds.
---
Geh, which probably explains why I rather not listen to music and such on the bus, even though I do have that option. (Convenient mobile phone headsets!)
...yes, the first reasons is that I don't have much songs to listen to in the first place. Who wants to listen to my sms ringtone going off over and over again? It's like trying to listen to that song Environmental Noises I found on Youtube - it's odd, it's refreshing, but listen to it too many times and you'd either go deaf or accustomed or think you should get out more.
But the second reason is ambient noise. It's good to hear the hustle and bustle of the street (recall that guy from the seashell poem) and well yeah.
It's good to listen time to time.
I've nothing against listening to music, even through headphones in the street and whatnot, but I just think sometimes its good to listen to everything else once in a while.
...although I've lost count of the number of times I've benefitted form someone blasting incredibly loud music into their ears nearby me I get to enjoy their pop/rock/death metal. So.. yeah, mark me down as "conflicted" on this issue.
---
On a related note, was at the MRT station when they suddenly had that announcement. You know, that one that would go along the lines of:
*BZZHHT* *muffled voice* Attention train at Platform A not for boarding please wait for the next one thank yew *BZZHHT* *elevator music*
But the funny thing was that the electronic dislay didn't change to fit the "Do not Board" message, even though it was aurally played out no less than three times, over the intercom by live and recorded people.
So when the train came, the door slid right open...
...and a few people walked in.
At first I was pretty irritated at how thick people could be but then I realised they were all wearing earphones. Ah.
So they got in, sat down, and stared at the rest of us and wondered why we were not boarding.
The security had to point them out of the train later on. It was awkward.
...but rather amusing.
---
AH HAH HAH
RESTART BLOGGING
PROCRASTINATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment