Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shattered

As usual, I have a billion and one things to do, both formal work and informal committments, but for once, here I am, blogging.
And neglecting my work, woohoo!
---

Recently I've been confronted with some very... staggering ideas. I'm sure it's nothing new, just that suddenly the reality of it becomes overwhelming. As if it was not before, I now compeltely understand the want and the desire for everything to stay at least exactly as it is, and not to screw up even further.

On one hand, I believe one thing. On the other, I'm not too sure. And all this adds up to very conflicted views on what is supposed to be a paramount subject in life.

I guess this is why escapism is so prevalent, especially so in today's generation. In the olden days, they walked it off - in the more recent ages, they invented classy music - and now, we drown our sorrows not in alcohol but in emo songs and da Internetz.

Cheers.

I guess "giving up on the human race" has become a common enough theme in most emo kids' blogs to make it clincé or even banal - I prefer a more sophisticated, nuanced stance - that common sense is rapidly disappearing for some reason. And I don't claim to be emo. And probably never will.

And then the question of conflict again arises - sometimes I just want to... well, headwall, and other times I reflect and think, hey, people ain't that bad after all.
This has nothing to do with today, though.
Shattered views are sometimes hard to reconcile.

---

That being said, being emo isn't a way out.
I wonder what I'll look like with a top hat.
Sure, things may suck, but unless you're Haruhi and can magically will your way out of a tight spot, it usually doesn't work. And even Haruhi doing that causes a whole lotta problems to other people, so I've heard.
I'd like a top hat, haha -
---

VGCats updated -
---

Thanks y'all for reading and tagging. I mean it - really, seriously, thanks.
Especially you hidden-text readers. You're the best!
In the spirit of finding everything to celebrate, let's celebrate arbitrariness,
Type "Smile" to celebrate. Thanks, guys.
Whoo -

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.