No, no, not mine.
I'm the ninth of twelve grandchildren on my mother's side in terms of age/seniority.
On the second day of the new year, one of my cousins (Number Five, I believe) got married. 'twas a awesome ceremony and all, and he serenaded the bride in and out of the auditorium. Was pretty touching and quite epic, kahaha.
Was expecting one of those traditional "here comes the bride" but hey, this will make it pretty much more memorable, neh?
It was quite... epic. Yeah, epic. There's not much else to say.
Also got to catch up quite a bit with the long-lost One, plus play with Eleven and Twelve. (Yes, Code Geass fans. Bleh to racial discrimination!) Surprisingly, One came down to join us in the kiddish games at the void deck, and I think he's enjoying it more than me xD
Swaveboarding, the second least viable mode of transport, slightly above a piece of carboard. Eleven and Twelve are experts at it, which makes me wonder how many kinds of transportation will the next generation of kids (specifically, Five's future kids!) master.
Caught up also (obviously) with Five, who I used to be much closer to when I was much younger. Also with Seven, Eight and Ten, whom I haven't seen for months. ><
And that's not all... Two's getting married soon, so is Four, and Three has a serious girlfriend...
I guess I will be attending more wedding ceremonies is all, and my grandmother can look forward to being a great-grandmother soon xD
---
For all my distance from love life as it is...
this was particularly touching.
Celebration of a union, forged out of love. And watching my usually-stagefright-free cousin go nervous in front of everyone xD
But honestly though, I think this is something an increasing number of people are missing out on.
I'm no social critic, but everytime I see a Hollywood couple marry, break up, threathen or get restraining orders, I shrug my shoulders. Is it something about being a celebrity that causes you to have generally more berserk love lives than anyone else?
"To hold, to cherish, as long as you both shall live" or something along those lines - those words are, no matter how you look at it, not to be taken lightly.
I guess that's one important give you give to your spouse-to-be, your word.
And how heavy you make that word is, well... kind of up to you.
And that's something beautiful.
...however, I'm still not going to get married anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment