*yawn* I'm back...
The reason why I haven't blogged in a couple of days now is due to HiC.. after rehearsals, come back don't sleep already sia. I once woke up in the morning after a rehearsal to find my shirt had fallen off my bed.
I figured that I fell asleep before I could put it on. Rational explanation, no?
Anyway, after iSpark Nite, immediately got pulled into HiC by Steo and other members - featuring a star-studded crew and present and to-be-crowd favourites ^^ As I was doing the lighting then, I just stoned and stared at them for the first few rehearsals. Then afterwards, the rehearsals with the other groups was teh win. HiC, HiC, all the way...
It was quite fun lah. Interesting, of course. Got to see all the plays before release leh ^^ Uncut and uncensored versions sommore. Not that there was as much censoring as planned anyway. As Laurang said afterwards: It differed from previous years because this year was NC16, M18, R21 etc. Actually not even NC16 lah. But like NC13 lor.
Anyway, HiC just ended (today or yesterday, depending on which day this post gets posted on) and it was a (quote Jello) Great Success! Everything went more or less smoothly, except for the final bit with the curtain call, and a minor mix up in curtain instructions. But otherwise, everything, especially the more important ones - the performances were great, even the senior dance performance and some senior recitation ^^
Met wilf, Jello, kylim, King Quek, the White Knight, khooby, JA, hongnan(ny), LKH, bing and others around (tonight/that night). Hope you guys enjoyed the performances ^^
Our production - Bus Stop - won second place woot. Not bad ^^ Congratulations to Greg for winning teh championships, and congrats to all other teams who entertained ^^
Anyway, congratulations to:
Steo: for being pessimistic and optimistic at the same time
Ze Yu: for being so game and willingly going on a sugar/drug high
Pearly: for engaging in office politics so convincingly ^^
DanielS: for being so sporting and being a real... tart
Fax: for pimping your way through your role
Aki: for tsking, finding topic sentences, roaring and generous hosting
David: for deciding to see local red light district with your own eyes ^^
Thanks must go to:
- The rest of the lights and sound crew, ie. Nicholas and co.
- Hubert for organization
- kahhow and rest of the OT for pwning
- Laurang, SLim and co. for supervising
- Mr D Tan, Mdm A Ng
- Supporters, and audiences
- yx for a PWNAGE montage
- God (seriously, a lot of things that could have gone wrong miraculously didn't, and I managed to really enjoy the experience too ^^)
Well, it's over, it's over, I'm here typing and so on. Just realised I haven't touched my real work oO. Yawn.
[edit: and now I'm still up at 02:02am. Whin. I'm only going to wake up in time by the grace of God.]
And for those who missed it, here are excerpts from HiC... credits go to respective scriptwriters and actors and so on. Enjoy ^^
---
from... Who Moved My Cheese
Hem: WHERE'S THE CHEESE?! *dramatic piano chord sound*
from... Cornered
Teacher: One demerit point for you!
from... Vindicaire
*gunshot*
from the second-placed team... Bus Stop
Teacher:
Hey you! And you! When will your chatter ever cease?
Can't I do my job in peace?
I don't care if you do badly
I'd fail both of you, gladly
Hey you! And you! Who are you still talking to?
Do you want me to roar at you?
Am I talking to the wall?
Or should I give you parents a call?
Now, away from this topic we shall no longer veer
Tell me, have I made myself crystal clear?
from the award winning team... The Biting Point
Wife: Ohh... all day issit?... When I was in labour with your son for FIVE DAYS! *screams, throws projectile across the stage*
NOW GO GET ME THE CHAI TOW KWAY NOW!... with extra chilli thank you.
---
Someone, I think it was Steo, suggested we should get Laurang something for HiC. Like a mug.
"Then we could put on it - ' This is a HiC Cup. ' "
---
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment