Thursday, October 23, 2008

Soak

Happily, I decided to drop by a Cold Storage near my place to buy some breadz.

And then, while queing up, I noticed it was raining.

After buying four kiddie randomly-flavoured bread (who eats chocolate and banana together?), I stepped out into a roaring rain.

Heck, I thought, it's not that far. Just up, across, down an overhead bridge, at least a round around a 400m track, cross a road, and another 200m. Unsheltered, of course.

With a kahhow-ish "walao eh" and a half-opened packet of bread in my hands, I decided to just heckcare it and run anyway.

I don't really post about these things in so great detail, because it happens pretty often (with me remembering my umbrella seh.)

But as I was running across the bridge, a sudden thought struck me so vividly that I said it out loud as I was dashing across the bridge, in the middle of a sudden downpour, with my bag getting soaked and my clothes darkenin' with rain...

"Walao eh, I can smell the banana flavour from here."

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.