Monday, February 23, 2009

Absurdity

Things are getting weirder each passing day - just yesterday-today I stayed up to complete an assignment I didn't need to do, an assignment I didn't need to submit urgently, and not yet assignments I need to complete in seven horus time, barring sleep.

Also, when accepted norms crash all around you, it's not a bad thing, but you can't help but feel a little of the oddity of it all.
Examples:
1. A long-time friend changes his long-time MSN display nick.
2. liki updates more often than Hoshino-sensei in 2009.
3. A Series of Really Fortunate Events (to be continued!)
4. Spending sixty minutes arguing about the difference between "apple" and "fruit".
5. Social crevices I never knew, nor never wished existed, has made its existence known to me.
6. Being told to do something I thought I wasn't supposed to, and found out the result as such was better than before.

...and so on.

Most great, some bad, and some downright fishin' ugly, this year has been a patchwork of weirdity so far.

Embrace the weirdness.

It's a good way to stand out.

Optimism is good for me.
I think.
---

Reductio ad absurdum.

The art of making arguments sound so flimsy so as not to demolish it, but to show it to be standing by a splinter of its original reason, such that a slight *ahem* would flatten the argument flatter than Daffy Duck by a Warner Bros. steamroller. In doing so, you would not only be able to dismantle opposing arguments, but to elict some laughter out of an audience.

And, it is simply so satisfying.

Too bad, it's absurd.

---

Once again, thank you taggers for keeping this place alive.

You are the people that keep me awake in the hours past midnight, typing away on poor run-on sentence with improper punctuation,

Thanks a lot, and keep tagging cho. ^^

---

Socii sunt mihi
Qui olim viri fortes
Rivalesque erant

Saeve certando
Pugnandoque
Splendor crescit

Credit to Nintendo and the Super Smash Bros. series

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.