It's ironic how the thing I promised myself never to get involved in always comes back to haunt me.
Petty politicking.
I find it so utterly... lamentable.
It's worse when it's between people you knew, and that you thought they were good friends.
It's worse when it keeps appearing in aspects of your life you never thought would be affected.
Perhaps it's just me and my "kiddy idealism" quote liki, but being dealt two blows in a week in this manner is rather depressing.
Not for its direct effect on me, mind you.
It's kinda insane how petty politicking fouls up relationships, makes communication so much harder than it already is, and places us all in a maze of mirrors.
In which case the only way out would be to smash the mirrored walls, which would be "bad luck" and frowned upon, or labelled as outsiders.
I thank two friends at least, for their similiar viewpoints, and am glad that there exists neutral viewpoints above the battlefield of petty politics; and one in particular for informing me of these things happening.
I therefore renew my promise not to be immured in petty political bickering, scoring points with authority figures for no other reason, or holding petty grudges or any shitty thing like that.
Hopefully the bickering can subside, if not greatly then totally.
It's not totally undoable in some aspects, is it not?
Oh petty politicking, how I loathe thee.
---
On an unrelated note, cheese twelve.
Tag please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment