[Edit: it is now 2am and I am only slightly advanced in my work doing. On a related note I can't stop typing in complicated words.]
On that note, I thought of an awesome idea (for a book or something).
The US Presidency line of succession is as follows:
First, Vice President;
Second, Speaker of the House of Representatives;
Third, President pro tempore of the Senate;
Fourth, Secretary of State;
Fifth, Secretary of the Treasury;
Sixth, Secretary of Defense;
Seventh, Attorney General;
Eigth, Secretary of the Interior;
Ninth, Secretary of Agriculture;
Tenth, Secretary of Commerce;
Eleventh, Secretary of Labor;
Twelveth, Secretary of Health and Human Service;
Thirteenth, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development;
Fourteenth, Secretary of Transportation;
Fifteenth, Secretary of Energy;
Sixteenth, Secretary of Education;
Seventeenth, Secretary of Veterans Affairs, and;
Eighteenth, Secretary of Homeland Security.
Yeah, you probably can tell where this is going, and if you actually read through all that I congratulate you!
Maybe it's the way we all were brought up, but I don't know - Secretary of Veterans Affairs doesn't sound as if it should be higher up in the ladder than the Secretary of Homeland Security. But As of now, the furthest the ladder has gone is to Vice President, and that's it.
Anyway.
So here's my awesome idea.
A disgruntled Secretary of Homeland Security (note, 18th, and the last, on the list) sets about systematically murdering, executing, or otherwise incapacitating the previous seventeen office holders, so he/she can become Acting President.
OR maybe he/she could just kill off the first couple, Vice Pres, Speaker, all the way to the Attorney General, and have numbers Eight through Seventeen resign through sheer fear.
Whoo -
Okay back to work.
---
On another note the capitalised word "Speaker" suddenly sounds so awesome.
---
[Edit:
On yet another note, I have so far met two people I know at work. Both of which are either my direct superior's peer (ie. my superior) or my superior superior's wife (still my superior).
I think I shall follow bow's example and make a 6-koma about a really ... um ... awkward/terrifying incident that happened 2 days ago. Remind me when I wake up.]
No comments:
Post a Comment