Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cookies

It's late, and instead of doing work (which I should be, by rights) I'm reading MLIA.
Sorry, Stace, but I was reading that before I saw your tag.
And in any case, everyone could use a little uplifting stuff, hm?

I don't usually post like this, but these actually made me lol.

Today I configured my laptop to recognize speech. Ten minutes later I forgot. Out loud I asked what the time was. I screamed and fell off my bed when it responded. MLIA

Today, while I was at work, I came across a book called the Office Management Field Guide. In big letters at the top, it said OMFG. I chuckled, and when no one was looking, I took a picture. MLIA

My sister just got a new boyfriend. Today, we asked if we could go to the Virgin Festival. My mom said that I could, but she wasn't sure they'd let my sister in. I love my mom. MLIA

Today, I yelled "Hey stupid!" into a very crowded school hallway. About 6 people turned around to answer. It made my day. MLIA.

A few years ago, I got a fortune cookie with a fortune that read "Help! I'm being held prisoner in a Chinese bakery!" I laughed at the time, but now I sometimes worry that they are still waiting for me to rescue them. MLIA.

---

I hold Trace responsible for hooking me onto these Twitter-like comments.
In the meanwhile, I have my own answers to the last two MLIAs.

This year, I heard someone (males) calling "Hey, shuai ge!" behind my back. I was some distance away, and it was kind of crowded. I looked back anyway, and looked questioningly for the source of the voices. I saw them, and heard them laughing. It was pretty awesome.

And listening to all the MLIAs about people living in the West and fortune cookies messages, here's one for you - I'm Chinese. I live in an Asian country. I live in an Asian country which quite a lot of people think is some part of China. I have not eaten a fortune cookie. (At least, for a couple of years.) I find this highly ironic and quite amusing.

---

Today, I slept on my hand and when I woke up it was asleep. I proceeded to slap myself in the face to see if I could feel it. I then remembered it wasn't my face that was numb. MLIA

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.