I think sometimes that by just posting my dreams, this is a strangely self-promotional thing to do. I also am reminded that this was the point of blogs, back in the day, as a kind of private journal made public before (?) Facebook really took off. I do not feel comfortable posting private thoughts, but perhaps dreams are sufficiently private yet sufficiently entertaining (?) to be on a publicly accessible (if obscure) place.
So I am taking it that this is just my own private dream archive, in case my own phone notes are somehow lost.
---
29 April 2017
I'm in this dimly lit cavernous indoor place. The place is towering with ridiculously high ceilings. The walls are a dark blue, looking as if they are made from ballpit fabric. There are arched walkways as a "second floor", with people on them, stretching from pillar to pillar. Everything is vaguely backlit / underlit. The whole thing looks like exaggerated gothic cathedral structure meets Disney colour scheme meets severe lighting problems.
I'm going outside and trying to get people to come into the structure. It's already packed and humming with sound but still I do this. I have a reason but I forgot it after waking.
[BtChan] comes up to me and tells me in a low steady voice that [NSim] has fallen to her death. I am shocked but do my best to not let it show. He tells me the blood splatter clearly indicates a fall, and there's a lot of blood. I do not move from where I stand, I do not get to see the body but I imagine I see the edge of a splatter. I wake up.
---
I remember being very shaken after I woke up. This was one of those dreams. I spent the rest of the day half-shocked and kind of out-of-it. I had a casual dinner meeting that same night, and I found out that [NSim] was going for it too. I was so happy to see her, but at the same time I felt so out of whack I could barely eat, and even [NSim] asked if I was okay. I didn't tell her why. I wasn't very close to [NSim] then, but the dream really heavily affected me. I feel it really reminded me to treasure friendships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment