Saturday, December 06, 2008

Clocks

In a few hours, it will come.
The deciding duel.

---

I'm still pulling my hair out on the blunder on Thursday. I'm like what-the-fish.

---

Whenever I see anything vaguely Japanese, I think of Chome-san.
Except for shakugan-san; then, I'm reminded of Haruhi.

---

I always had a fascination with clocks. The old-fashioned ones, the kinds which storybooks often crapped a lot about, with weird designs trying to help young ones learn to tell time.

Last time, they only had clocks with a second hand that jerked each second that passed. Tick.

Boing. The second hand would suddenly cover one second's worth of space, with no explanation for what happened during that one second, where no movement was detected on the cold poker face of the clock.

Nowadays, they still do have those clocks, but sometimes I chance across a clock with a second hand which trails across the clock face, never ceasing, never stopping. One second, two second, it'll just glide between the numbers and give the overall impression of smooth-running, well-oiled, working like... uhm... clockwork.

Still, for both clocks, that second existed. It was... there... a minute ago. Both expressed it in their own unique way. One more detailed than the other, the other more eloquent than the first.

One may, of course, prefer one over the other. Personal preference, you see.
Do you see each second they tick? In the grand scheme of things... it's "just" a second.

But still, for both clocks, they tick on, second after second after second.



Until, of course, you pull out the batteries.

---

[edit: It's 3:18 and I'm still awake cho. ><]

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.