Anyway, we got about talking about an old photo, which I had. So I went to take it. It's one of the few hardcopy photos which I don't file away in a photo album, so I do take care of it. Somewhat. After five years, it's gotten a little faded and curled, but still the same photo.
After we talked, I took a closer look at the photo, and I realised something.
IT WAS THE SAME PLACE.
I would return to that exact same place, four years later, for a similiar purpose.
Almost exactly four years! To the month, in fact.
And from the looks of it, the almost exact same spot.
"Neh, big deal, it's a frigging spot. =.="
True, but well -
It sounds stupid, but it's quite a lot of memories.
I could say a lot of stuff, but it'll probably be taken in the wrong light, hahaha. See, how times have changed. In the past, I would have just posted that I [ --- --- --- ]. Self-censorship, ah, such a wonderful and horrible thing to have learnt.
But back to the point.
It's like, as someone once said, the pieces of Tetris all falling together. Suddenly the scenes flashe back into my mind, and although I can't remember the exact details I appreciate even more the link between my pasts.
Two different, yet not dissimiliar, aspects of my life.
Converging on the same spot.
With a gap of four years.
One aspect, the older one, is finished, sealed away, kept alive by memory and friends.
The other is still alive, and doing quite well I dare say so, thank you very much.
Two different, yet not dissimiliar, aspects of my life.
...it's not so much it is, as much as the friends you are with.
Thank you.
I just found another, creepier parallel. Whut?
No comments:
Post a Comment