Monday, August 31, 2009

Journey

I haven't the discipline to go on hiatus.
Neither have I the discipline to post.

It's a vicious cycle.
That I took a month to perfect.

And Blogger's formatting is still screwed up, and I'm too bored to go code it myself.

---

Today I was savagely raped greeted by a dog.
Agh, sharp claws! paws. Ow.
Luckily my shirt was made of tough material, if not I would have probably walked down the street in shredded clothes.

I now await to see how many people will miscontruct the above couple of lines. =D

---

Was looking through old photo albums yesterday.
Oh man have times changed.
As in, from old photographs of weddings and babies and little kids to really, really, really old photographs.
Most of them don't have dates. But those that do - serve as a kind of marker.

All in all, photographs are a reminder of what we had -
and what has changed.

No wonder people want to turn back the clock.

But despite everything, one must learn how to accept the present. If not, how the heck can you live?
Barring time travelling technology or the ability to live in the past, you're stuck with the here or now, like it or not. And even those two "solutions" have serious flaws (even if they were remotely possible).

[Edit: deleted]

Clinché, but each day has its own little perks. If we could only find them - we wouldn't be happy all the time, no guarantee there - but certainly you'll be able to face life, screwed-up life as it is now.

Like it or not, you're stuck here - might as well enjoy the journey, instead of moaning and griping about it to its end.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.