Sunday, August 02, 2009

Impersonation

Ah well, hahaha.

I saw the news late last night, but I decided not to post because I wasn't really sure what to write.
All I can say is that there are no hard feelings, just the feeling of being scammed and not knowing it until it's over, heh. I guess I should have connected the dots faster, but oh well, that's just me, haha.

Now I wonder what your expression would be when I said I'd check the IP addresses! Haha. I'd never have guessed, heh. And still I didn't catch it. End of the day, I'd make a defective detective hm.

And yeah, I owe Ohlyrrad an apology, so here. And the only that I was mildly infuriated about was the, well, maligning that I maligned someone (haha punny!) but yeah, to set the record straight, it was a guess. Post hoc ergo propter hoc, my bad. ><

And after all is said and done, I'd be on my lookout for telephone scams - I think depositing half my life savings' into that friendly salesman's bank account for 50% returns suddenly doesn't look so wise anymore.

Oh well =D

---

You know, when you read other people's blogs, you get to know more about them? Like sides that you never knew existed, what exactly they do at home, etc. etc. and you look at them from a different perspective after you're through with the blogpost.

Like, for example, I know now that [---] got pissed off about a toilet roll. Not exactly a dinnertime conversation topic, but yepp. Information value - none. But interesting trivia. [---] has only come here once, I believe - and didn't even tag, haha. I wonder if he'll see this.

Or things that bring your attention to something else. Like the issue of stray birds scavenging chicken meat.

Reading through some of my old posts, I cringe. I distinctly remember writing them, but I wouldn't imagine myself now writing them now. It's a scary feeling, to look at your writing and try to deny that they're yours. How incoherent I was back then... No comment from all of you who still think I'm as incoherent as ever. I probably am.

It's like an impersonation of me - the me now and the me back then seem to be two slightly different (or vastly different) people.
Or the me now has simply learnt the art of putting up a façade on the interwebs - a skill which I arguably should have picked up long ago. Opinions are one thing - the way one expresses it is another.

---

On an entirely unrelated note, please do check
this out. It's Elmo's Youtube account, with a video of him playing the guitar and singing. Pretty good, neh?

This is a free advertisment, I don't get paid lol. And if you like it, pass it on! =D

---

And on another entirely unrelated note (definitely not directed at Elmo ot Trace).
When you are want help, you ask. Simply speak.

My advice: You don't yell, you don't scream, and you don't insult.

While this applies to practically anyone, this rule may be circumvented if you are an idiotic superior, demanding the participation of your minions, and of course, if you don't mind losing your popularity. This does not hold if you are asking people who don't owe you a shit to help you. After all that, chances are, people probably will simply not help.

This isn't even tact. This isn't even sensitivity.
This is simply common sense.

So, moral of the story? I'll leave it up to you.

---

I was walking in the city today when I nearly ran into him. As in, literally, I nearly walked into him.
He said hi. I think he recognized me. I was awed, so
I said hi back, and then we moved off in different directions.

To me, that was quite awesome. jack'al would probably laugh, but yeah, for me, that was pretty good. And hey, he goes out for late-night dinners with them - they're that familiar, and that's great for him - but for me, him saying "hi" to me was pretty awesome to me.

I guess we're all looking for recognition one way or another, hm? <=)

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.