Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anyway

Epic fail today =.= Childish naivete didn't work for me this time round.

Sorry, Trace. Get well soon..

---

I can smile because I can, not because I can.

---

Welcome back, Doctor Emerson.

WLIIA was a play that could have gone wrong on so many levels. It dealt with a weighty issue where the main character couldn't do much for expression, had to involve a lot of legal jargon and stuff, and generally had the air of something done in school lessons.

But was I wrong.

Y3 was the choice as the lead - powerful voice, incredible vocal range (both of emotion and volume) and expressions - he's living proof (pardon the pun) that one can be awesome by just sitting down and yelling. He's also able to pull off all the sexual innuendos like no one else would - else it'll be just a flat script with randomly inserted puns.

The other actors were similarly awesome too. Some could have better expressed, but for the majority they were simply awesome, with no other comments. Some were obviously crowd favourites, but others were also astoundingly good as well.

My only gripe was the role of the Judge - seems too contrived and sudden a resolution imho. Still, who am I to judge? Given that kind of role, I felt the Hundred Winds acted it out sufficiently well. Else, the plot was minimally dragged out, but still good.

And awesome.

Thumbs up.

---

Jingle bells, Jingle bells
Santa Claus is dead
Superman, Superman
Shot him through the head

Barbie doll, Barbie doll
Come and save his life
Hello Kitty found them all
And buried them alive

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.