Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lambada

Life would be much better for everyone if we took time to appreciate the little blessings of life.
Ho hum, I may seem idealistic and naive - heh - but seriously though.

Life is screwed up, no doubt - but as Hotan paraphrasing Watterson would say: "it can't get so bad it can't get any worse." There's always something to laugh about or appreciate - maybe not about the situation, but life in general.

How often do we only appreciate things when they no longer are with us?

---

Going into the next gear now - things are slowly but surely picking up. Woot~

Come on, step it up! You're too slow~
Show me your moves!
---

What's a lambada?
Is it fish or animal or bird?
Gua si Hokkien lang
And lambada sounds like a dirty word

Here is an example, let me introduce
You to my so sexy gorgeous zabor
But I tell you ah, if you try to touch her
I will kick your lambada and then you know

Song and lyrics credit to Dick Lee

I hear this quite often in my head nowadays.
And yup, I hope that answers your question.
Clash of cultures win!

---

Speaking of wins, this just happened.

*phone rings*
*picks up*
Me: Who is this?
My father, on the other line: Your father. I can say that, but you can't.

Epic.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.