Monday, April 20, 2009

Thirty-four

I mentioned recently I was rereading fanfiction.net. I guess it started from a typo.
I even have a ff.net account - created by a good friend - but I've never utilised it though.
Testing: All those reading this tag with "chocolate".
As I am now in the midst of a Lucario-craze, I restarted reading fanfiction especially in that area (think SSBB). However, despite it being a Pokemon, being in a young-person genre and all that... it isn't immune from xkcd's Rule 34 of the Internet.
Which is "If you can imagine it, there is porn of it".
I can't begin to contemplate the number of slash / yaoi / etc. (and as some readers are well-versed on the definitions of such, I shall leave it there before I further embarrass myself) on there is on one particular character alone.

Bearing in mind that Lucario is a lesser-known character and logically, for the well-known characters... Oh well.
"Oh Mario! Long time no see..."
I mean, it's not so bad for the well-written ones, but even for non-yaoi fanfiction, when it looks as if a toddler bashed out something on the computer... It's rather a pain to read even though it may have an interesting storyline.

I knew about this for sometime, but only recently did realisation begin to hit me. I don't know, but even when I see a manga/anime/game character that I find interesting, I don't exactly fantasize about having sex with them.
Then again, I'm an oddity. Your views, please.
Disclaimers though. I'm not bashing yaoi readers/writers, just that the sheer volume of it temporarily astounded me suddenly. And no, I don't go around fanfiction.net looking for yaoi. It seems to come and find me.
Oh man I can predict the kind of replies to this. =.=
---

On that note, it's amazing how different people can be on the internet and in real life. Elsee, for instance. If I didn't know Elsee in real life, reading Elsee's blog could prove slightly disorientating. Or perhaps, that I don't know Elsee enough, which is probably true.

Everyone's entitled to aspects of personality.

---

Dawdled on the computer too long. Now my head is full of comics, werid folklore and poetry.

No comments:


Links


Baifeng
Benjamin Ng
Bing Heng
Bowie
b.u.r.n.
Dah Wei
Daniel
Darion
Gary
Hong Nan
Kah Hong
Kah How
Kuan Yue
Li Ki
Luey Chi
Jun An
Jek Jin
Jia Kun
Pearl
Shaun Khoo
Shawn Teo
Shawn Teo [stories]
Song Sim
Tracy
Tracy
[teapartyconversations]

Wei Jing
Yee Jiunn
Yong Xiang
Zhi Cong
Zheng Hao
Zi Cong

heartsunite an african aid blog

Any other links, please tag.