Because I can't think of anything to write about now (without getting courtmartialed / caned), and my thank-you posts are not due till some time later: here's a very crude analysis of some random article.
There was this article reporting on how some random teacher got into deep shit after posting pictures of herself in a bikini on her blog. And she tio zham by everyone saying something about professionalism and such.
But then, it's her life, it's her blog. Hullo. You don't want to know about her, don't visit lah. Simple as that. Is it?
But then she teaches young innocent (cough) students, etc. who may get polluted looking at her pictures on her blog, which they may follow (teacher what.) That is a (sort of) valid point, considering that society is more and more open nowadays, but children are still meant to be kept innocent and cute until they turn eighteen, at which point suddenly all heck breaks loose.
On that point, see talkingcock.com disclaimer clause number three:
"
3. WE USE SOME STRONG LANGUAGE. We have employed in certain parts of this site language which might be upsetting to some and which some consider unsuitable for children. (Even though most kids would not only be manifestly familiar with the language used here, they're probably more comfortable with and adept at using the terms than you.)
"
Back to the point - so why self-censor? I will tell you honestly that I self-censor; it's more of a subconscious measure than anything. Also, because of mock "fear" and for the sense of suspense, I even hide my associations with random organisations through the use of very lame acronyms.
But I also self-censor as in that I choose not to reveal secrets about myself. I do have secrets that no one else knows - and that those who know me may not believe me even if I tell them. Considering my innocent façade.
There are those who talk about anything that comes to their minds, that's okay. There are those who are exceedingly careful about what they post - up to them. But considering this teacher actually has a life, and her blog is her blog, etc. why not? I bet if you really wanted to, you could find lots of other blogs with content more... revealing than hers.
So I don't know. And I'm not sure on the matter. But this sounds very similiar to nitpicking over issues that aren't really issues in the first place, and bringing it to the head honcho for close review (of the pictures lah, of course).
Thanks to wj for his own post on the matter.
And no, I didn't go see the bikini picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment