Ahahaha, yesterday I went to an animefest lol.
Actually it was more of a cosplay performance.
I went with some friends... namely kahhow, daniel, ggoh, shakugan-san (who is an established otaku in his own right) and others. Surprisingly, we met zicong who somehow was lucky enough to sit INSIDE the cosplayers' room, whereas we had to be content with watching it sitting outside.
We went to PoolFront (next to HarbourFront) and we realised, to our disappointment, that we were late. The performance had already started! There was this guy in a Mario suit; who was sitting in a corner and chatting to other people, who were almost like Mario's allies or deputies or cronies or something like that. I believe that was Yoshi.
Next, we cosplayer-spotters saw a rare sight - an extemely thin, svelte, and SLIM cosplayer walked into the room! No joke. His costume was impeccable, from collared shirt all the way to shiny black shoes. We all oohed and ahhed and gaped at the already growing number of cosplayers in the room.
And as the final touch - the lead character from The Farmily Guy came! Many of us didn't notice his arrival because we were all observing the Mario and the slim cosplayer. The mere mention of his presence almost like owned us all. However, when we observed him later - I found out it wasn't really him. It was just some wannabe-cosplayer acting like him. I think. He looks kinda different.
Anyway, we finished our lunch at PoolFront, and then we went back to Homing Character Incorp.
And only after I got home I realised that Mario isn't an anime character.
Wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment